NETWORKED DEFENCE SYSTEM. Designed for nighttime use by all skin tones. Offers no UV Protection.
NIOD's Survival is a range of four networked protection systems with technologies that help support healthy skin defences against environmental and lifestyle-related assaults. Despite their lightweight texture, these formulations offer a broad selection of advanced technologies to target the effects of oxygen radicals including the superoxide radical, nitrogen radicals, carbonyl radicals, glycation and advanced glycation end-products (AGE), pollution, smog, stress, infrared and blue light.
In addition to these protection systems, Survival 30, Survival 20 and Survival 10 offer respectively mineral-only UVB and UVA protection of SPF30 (PA+++), SPF20 (PA+++) and SPF10 (PA++). Survival 0 does not offer UV protection and is intended for evening/nighttime use. Survival 0 can also be used during the day alongside other sun protection formulations that may not offer environmental protection beyond UV (Note: Survival 30, Survival 20 and Survival 10 already offer comprehensive networked protection and do not need the addition of Survival 0 during daytime).
The technologies shared in Survival 30, Survival 20, Survival 10 and Survival 0 are:
- Purified Lutein: Isolated from non-GMO marigold flower, this exceptional carotenoid antioxidant counteracts adverse effects of blue light and increases visible dermal elasticity.
- Yeast-Derived Superoxide Dismutase: Superoxide is the main reactive oxygen species in each cell and SOD is the body's natural way of out-competing the ongoing and very damaging effect of superoxide in cells. Arguably, SOD is the most important force against oxidation in the human body. Under direct UVB exposure, topical SOD was shown to reduce the look of additional inflammation by nearly 100%. Survival contains a form of SOD with extraordinary high activity level against the superoxide radical.
- Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol: An extremely potent scavenger of reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species, this superb technology is far more effective than resveratrol and ferulic acid in fighting radicals formed as a result of UV exposure, stress and pollution exposure. Additionally, this exceptional molecule prevents carbonylation of proteins.
- Fractionated Melanin: While melanin within the skin protects from many forms of environmental assault, its potency is limited with respect to High Energy Visible (HEV) light. Survival includes a fractionated form of melanin that is tailored specifically to absorb light in the range of 400-500 nm wavelengths.
- Pycnogenol®: A well-studied derivative of maritime pine, this highly-potent antioxidant supports a wide range of protective functions while minimizing and reversing the appearance of photo damage.
- Tomato Carotenoid Complex: Targets a broad range in the invisible light spectrum and reduces the appearance of redness associated with light exposure.
- Prebiotic Complex of Gluco-Oligosaccharides and Inulin: Both friendly and unfriendly microorganisms reside on the skin. A number of factors disturb the balance of good microorganisms including abrupt changes in temperature, stress, pollution, malnutrition, use of household chemicals, use of certain cosmetics and UV exposure. This skin prebiotic complex supports friendly skin microorganisms without stimulating harmful ones.
- Purified Deep-Sea Algae (Alteromonas Ferment): Forms a physical shield against urban pollution and smog both of which contribute significantly to premature ageing.
- Purified Mediterranean Brown Algae (Padina Pavonica): Supports calcium bioavailability, essential to protective functions of healthy skin.
- Purified Knotgrass: Fights visible adverse effects caused by infrared while helping to prevent and reduce the appearance of photo damage.
How to use:
Apply to face liberally to help support environmental defence in the absence of material UV exposure (in the evenings). Designed for all skin tones. This product does not offer protection against UVA or UVB rays. Note: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin ageing. This product does not offer sun protection and does not prevent sunburn. Avoid contact with light clothing as the carotenoids in this product can cause staining.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Squalane, Inulin, Algae Extract, Alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Superoxide Dismutase, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Xanthophyll, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Polygonum Aviculare Extract, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melanin, Sucrose, Tapioca Starch, Propanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Tromethamine, Triethanolamine, Polyurethane-34, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.