Sorry, we’re OUT OF STOCK! But you can pre-order it! Hit "PRE-ORDER" button below!
What it is:
Great Barrier Relief is a skin-soothing serum that restores your damaged skin barrier while evening out your complexion. This nourishing formula offers irritated skin a reset button by using tamanu oil and other ingredients that mimic a healthy barrier to replenish what your skin lacks.
Who needs it:
Someone who needs to press reset on their irritated skin. More specifically:
- who washes their face more than twice a day - who overdoes skincare by using harsh acne treatments or anti-aging products too often - whose skin is constantly dehydrated - who has constant redness and dry patches - who is sensitive to many skincare products - who has chronic stress (yes, cortisol affects the skin barrier too!) - who is looking to get rid of hyperpigmentation - who has aging or mature skin anyone who intends to maintain a healthy skin barrier function who has skin problems associated with a damaged skin barrier
Application guide: Apply one or two pumps of Great Barrier Relief before your moisturizer or in replacement of your moisturizer. No rules. Reach for Great Barrier Relief whenever your skin is feeling irritated and don’t forget to remove those sensitizing products from your routine.
How to #PressReset on Seriously Irritated Skin with Great Barrier Relief.
1. Drop every skincare product you’re using. 2. Take a break from cleansing, which also means no makeup or sunscreen during this period. (If you need to wash your face, use lukewarm water and gently rinse. Use distilled water if you live in a place where tap water is too harsh or unfiltered!). 3. Use Great Barrier Relief morning and night until your skin has reset and feels relieved and relaxed. 4. Start adding back your core essentials: Cleanser, Moisturizer and SPF.
- Tamanu Oil: An oil that research shows has remarkable skin-regenerative properties and was traditionally used to heal wounds and cure various skin problems and ailments. It is an oil that our founder is personally OBSESSED with as it has eliminated most of her hyperpigmentation (sunspots, acne scars, other discoloration) far more effectively than any retinol or vitamin C ingredient. We know that’s a pretty big statement to make but clearly she’s onto something.
- Safflower Oil & Rosehip Seed Oil: Two incredible plant-based oils that have amazing skin-nourishing benefits and are higher in linoleic acid than oleic acid. Why does that matter, you ask? Countless studies demonstrate that oils rich in linoleic acid help restore ... (you guessed it!) damaged skin-barriers. The infusion of these two oils results in a high linoleic acid concentration that creates a light consistency, which melts right into your skin without the greasiness.
- NMF + Ceramides, Cholesterol, Squalane: A cocktail of ingredients that is meant to mimic a healthy skin barrier. These elements are naturally found in your skin when it is not compromised and in a restful state of zen. When life gets too stressful and your skin is put on edge, these super ingredients escape from your skin and leave it vulnerable. Replenish your skin barrier with this restorative combination.